Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dores Lock Down Rice

I have to admit that I was a little worried about the Owls and their high-powered offense. It proved true in the first half when it seemed like Clement couldn't throw an incompletion. The Dores, however, held stride. I had to watch the CBS Sportsline Gametracker online (I'm in Argentina) and felt a thrill I never thought I would watching little simulated Commodores run around the field. The D stepped it up big time in the second half, forcing punts, sacks, and turning the Owls over. The highlight for me was watching the fake little DJ Moore almost take it to the house after the D forced a 3-and-out. That's twice he's taken it all the way to the 1 yard this year.

Obviously, a 3-0 start couldn't feel better. These Dores are consistently closing games (if three counts) and playing great defense when it matters most. Jared Hawkins deserves a lot of credit - it seemed like a guaranteed 5 yards every time he touched the ball tonight. I wish I could see them play live, but watching a Gametracker W is good enough. As long as we win. Go Dores.

No comments: